FEB 2021 Delhi : Allocation under Pre and Post Matric Scholarship Schemes.The details of budget allocated and amount utilized under Pre-Matric and Post Matric Scholarship Schemes for the religious minority students for the years 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 are as under:
(In Rs Crore)
|Budget allocated||Amount utilized||Budget allocated||Amount utilized||Budget allocated||Amount utilized|
The scholarships are disbursed directly to beneficiaries through DBT under these Schemes and neither any State-wise allocation of fund is made nor any amount is released to them against disbursement of scholarships.
The aforesaid Scholarship Schemes for Minorities are proposed for continuation beyond 2020-21. As such, all aspects, including raising the number and amount of scholarships or otherwise are to be looked into by this Ministry during the process of approval of these schemes for such period.
The Government has implemented the following welfare schemes to address the economic poverty for the six (6) centrally notified minority communities namely, Buddhist, Christian, Jain, Muslim, Parsi and Sikh, especially economically weaker & downtrodden sections, across the country:-
(1) Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme, Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme, Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship Scheme – For educational empowerment of students.
(2) Maulana Azad National Fellowship Scheme – Provide fellowships in the form of financial assistance.
(3) NayaSavera – Free Coaching and Allied Scheme – The Scheme aims to provide free coaching to students/candidates belonging to minority communities for qualifying in entrance examinations of technical/ professional courses and Competitive examinations.
(4) Padho Pardesh – Scheme of interest subsidy to students of minority communities on educational loans for overseas higher studies.
(5) NaiUdaan – Support for students clearing Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), State Public Service Commission (PSC) Staff Selection Commission (SSC) etc.
(6) NaiRoshni – Leadership development of women belonging to minority communities.
(7) SeekhoAurKamao – Skill development scheme for youth of 14 – 35 years age group and aiming at improving the employability of existing workers, school dropouts etc.
(8) PradhanMantri Jan VikasKaryakram (PMJVK) restructured in May 2018 earlier known as MsDP – Implemented for the benefit of the people from all sections of the society in identified Minority Concentration Areas for creation of assets in education, skill and health sectors.
(9) JiyoParsi – Scheme for containing population decline of Parsis in India.
(10) USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) launched in May 2015.
(11) NaiManzil – A scheme for formal school education & skilling of school dropouts launched in Aug. 2015.
(12) HamariDharohar- A scheme to preserve rich heritage of minority communities of India under the overall concept of Indian culture implemented since 2014-15.
(13) Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) implements education and skill related schemes as follows:- (a) Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship for Meritorious Girls belonging to the Minorities (b) Gharib Nawaz Employment Scheme started in 2017-18. for providing short term job oriented skill development courses to youth belonging to minority communities. (c) Bridge Course for madarsa students & school dropouts by Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh and JamiaMilliaIslamia, New Delhi under NaiManzil scheme. (d) SwachhVidyalaya.
(14) Equity to National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC) for providing concessional loans to minorities for self-employment and income generating ventures.
In addition to the above, the Ministry also implements schemes for strengthening State Waqf Boards and coordinates arrangements for annual Haj pilgrimage
The details of the schemes (S. No.1 to 12) mentioned above and status of their implementation are available on the website of this Ministry (www.minorityaffairs.gov.in) and those at serial No.(13) and (14) are available on the website of MAEF (www.maef.nic.in) and NMDFC (www.nmdfc.org) respectively.
The number of beneficiaries covered under skill improvement training programmes/schemes (Seekho aur Kamao, NaiManzil, Kaushal Se Kushalta and Gharib Nawaz Employment Scheme) conducted for religious minorities by this Ministry during the last three years( i.e. 2017-18 to 2019-20) in various States/UTs is given in the table below. In addition 23760 candidates were covered under the Usttad Scheme during 2017-18 to 2019-20. No State-wise allocation is made under the Usttad Scheme.
|S.No.||State/UT||Number of Beneficiaries|
|11.||Jammu and Kashmir||25110|
|29.||Andaman & Nicobar||413|
Note:-In Seekho aur Kamao Scheme, the data is for 2017-18and 2018-19 (Provisional) as the process of release of funds/commencement of training for the target year 2019-20 is still in operation.In NaiManzil Scheme, no allocation has been made in the year 2019-20.
This information was given by Union Minister for Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi in the Lok Sabha on February 04, 2021.