Shri. Narendra Modi
The Hon. Prime Minister
Sub: The crisis faced by Indian expatriates in the Gulf countries due to Covid 19 out break-Urgent attention of PMO requested.
Your emergent attention is drawn to the important issues facing the Indian diaspora in the Gulf region under lockdown caused by Covid pandemic . Emergency intervention on the part of PMO would certainly be a great relief to the stranded citizens of the country.We request you to consider the following suggestions to resolve the crisis.
* Send urgent medical teams to the
countries to treat the sick and ailing.
* Take steps to repatriate ordinary migrant workers who have lost their jobs and render medical help and financial assistance to them.
* Set up quarantine camps to accommodate returning non-residents.
*Special care for people of more than 60 years , with heart disease and other comorbidities needing continuous treatment,who had gone there on short-term
visa.Many of them might have been trapped and unable to return home.
* Arrange hygienic facilities for the displaced persons in labour camps and bachelor accommodation in
* Use Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) to help Indians in financial crisis
* Help those with no money and hence struggling to get food, water pay rent and for utilities.
* There sre thousands of families in India who rely solely on expatriate income are in crisis. Take steps to give them emergency aid they need.
*Direct different government agencies to co-ordinate the emergent relief and rehabilitation with NGOs and volunteers working with NRIs.
Abdul majid Faizy